Sunday, November 11, 2007

NEWSY NEWS

KEEPIN' YA IN STITCHES AT THE QUILT FESTIVAL

I just returned from the biggest quilt festival in the world! Houston, TX was the destination of over 50,000 quilter busily shopping, taking classes and just getting overwhelmingly inspired. I taught 4 classes and 2 demos to over 500 quilters! Embellishments rule at this show and it's apparent with over 2200 booths selling bling baubles and other fun goodies. The competition fashion show was the most spectacular I've seen in fashion wearables with Swarovski bling and beads on 99% of the creations! This is good news for us Bling-Babes! An abundance of pearls, crystals and beads embellished many of the award winning quilts as well. Not your gramma's quilts anymore, the art quilts took my breath away; a mixed media maven’s paradise! I'll be teaching my Sassy Silky secrets at next years' show so save up your pennies and plan for Houston 2008!



CREATE your STYLE™ with CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements Class Registration

I am honored once again to be teaching 3 classes for Swarovski in Tucson February 2008. Visit the Swarovski website to register, class space is VERY limited!

http://www.create-your-style.com


NEW LARK BOOKS

Check out Lark’s new books Beading with Crystals and Beading with Charms. I have a project in each of them and I know you’ll feel inspired leafing through each page, I sure did! Order online or from your favorite shop.
http://www.larkbooks.com/



PBS BEADS BAUBLES AND JEWELS

The new season of BB&J is just beginning to air on PBS. We taped some really fun projects for you all; guaranteed to inspire and show you some fun new ways to make your own beady creations. I appear in shows #702, #704, #710, and #713 so check out your local PBS station for air dates and times.



LET THE FUN BEGIN

HA! I've been having fun writing my first book with Interweave Press for the past 6 months now, time for a new level of fun! My 4 day photo shoot for the book is next week and I'm running around with that deer-in-the-headlights-gotta-deadline-looming look (anyone know what I mean or is it just me?!). Seriously, this project has been a blast and I can't wait for you all to see these new bead creations and teach them next year. I hear a leather bead whispering "I'm ready for my close up now Mr. DeMille".



SWEET FALL

Wishing you all that last luscious crunchy shuffle through the falling leaves. Enjoy the fall color palettes and smells!

P.S. Just had my first eggnog latte from the big S….the holidays are here gang, go make fun stuff…Mmmmmmm….

No comments: